As a Senior Developer, you are an integral part of our Production Team responsible for the
planning, building, testing, launch and maintenance of our clients Web Applications. Working
closely with the Development Director and Head of Development, you will be supporting the delivery of our development projects for a variety of exciting clients from household brand names to local ecommerce businesses.
Involved from the outset, youll be part of the whole process from early meetings to establish project objectives to the launch of a completed web application. With operational support from Lead Developers, Head of Development and the Company Directors, youll be collaborating as part of a team inline with our ever-evolving Development Processes and Standards.
For this role specifically, were looking for a dedicated Senior Developer who takes personal pride and demonstrates an exceptional attention to detail in their work. A perfectionist, you go the extra mile to delight clients and colleagues and constantly push your own skills and experience as you go.
- Develop technically sound, secure Website Applications within the accepted languages, processes and principles of the agency.
- To constantly review and check your work as you go, to avoid unexpected delays and excessive QA phases at the end of Project Sprints.
- Where necessary, liaise with clients to understand objectives, expectations and provide status updates.
- Promptly raise any concerns against delivery deadlines, budget allocation or technical requirements with the Client Services team.
- Support fellow developers in their endeavours to strengthen the collective efforts and knowledge of the Development Team.
- Challenge and contribute towards the continual evolution of both our Production Process and Development Standards.
- To regularly and instinctively back-up your work as you go, to ensure that never more than a working days efforts can be lost or compromised at any time.
- To escalate any concerns or issues surrounding the integrity of your work or the work of your colleagues.
- To continually advance your own knowledge through frequent research and considered progressive development within projects. To follow industry thought-leaders and online publications as necessary to observe trends, best practice and advance your skills.
- Support the scoping and planning of a diverse range of technical challenges.
- Take personal ownership in the Live Deployment of work in line with our processes to ensure negative commercial impact to our clients is avoided.
- 10 years commercial experience either in-house, agency or freelance.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- Experience with version control (preferably Git/BitBucket).
- Experience in PHP or similar backend development languages.
- Experience with modern JS libraries (i.e. Angular, React, Vue etc).
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage own workload and prioritise.
- Problem solving mindset and experience in mentoring and supporting other team members.
- An awareness of frontend pagespeed performance.
- Experience with building custom, ground-up WordPress themes.
- Experience with AJAX, JSON and RESTful web services.
- Experience with Frontend theming for ecommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Shopify.
- Familiarity with Technical SEO best-practice Suffolk.